Dr. Vanrachack graduated from the University of the Incarnate Word, Rosenberg School of Optometry. He completed his optometric training at Brooke Army Medical Center’s Troop Medical Clinic at Fort Sam Houston, as well as Alpha Eyecare Associates with clinical rotations at Eye Center of Texas in Houston, Texas.
Experience and Honors
- Former President and a lifetime member of Gold Key International Optometric Honor Society, with a commitment to leadership and community service.
- Former Teaching Assistant at the University of the Incarnate Word, Rosenberg School of Optometry, helping first and second-year optometry students develop their pre-clinical skills.
- Earned various scholarships and awards, including Rosenberg School of Optometry Leadership Award, Parkhurst NuVision Excellence in Patient Care Award, Texas State Optical Scholarship, Pre-Clinical Award, and Maria Nannini Memorial Scholarship.
- Obtained Student Fellowship in the American Academy of Optometry.
- Former Class President and Clinic Representative in the Student Government Association.
- Former Student Ambassador, involved in recruiting prospective optometry students and numerous community service projects.
- Held many roles in the Fellowship of Christian Optometrist including Bible Study Leader, Community Service Coordinator, and Vice President.
Dr. V is passionate and devoted to being a life-long learner, with a calling to help people see physically and spiritually. For years, he has been instrumental in the instruction and mentorship of future doctors of optometry from his alma mater. On the weekends, you can find Dr. V with his wife leading Sunday school classes of elementary age children at their local church. Together, they have two children, love to travel and attend sporting events, including the Spurs, Astros, and San Antonio FC.
Areas of Clinical Research
2018-present – Prospective, Randomized Phase 3 Study Comparing Two Models of a Travoprost Intraocular Implant to Timolol Maleate Ophthalmic Solution, USP, 0.5%.
- 2018 – Prospective, Randomized, Controlled, Parallel Groups, Multicenter Clinical Investigation of the Glaukos Trabecular Micro-Bypass System Model G2-W versus Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty.
- 2016-present – Prospective, Randomized, Single-Masked, Controlled, Parallel Groups, Multicenter Clinical Investigation of the Glaukos Trabecular Micro-Bypass Stent Model GTS400 using the G2-M-IS Injector System in Conjunction with Cataract Surgery.
- 2016-present – Prospective, Randomized, Controlled, Parallel Groups, Multicenter Clinical Investigation of the Glaukos Trabecular Micro-Bypass System Model G2-W versus Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty.
- 2016-2017 – VSCO-109-HLN5 aka THOR Study. FDA Clinical Trial comparing Healon5 OVD. Certified Konan Specular microscopy.